Spellbinder - Original Soundtrack by Basil Poledouris
Presenting the world premiere release of acclaimed composer Basil Poledouris’ (CONAN THE BARBARIAN, ROBOCOP, THE HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER, BREAKDOWN) original score to the 1988 MGM/UA sensuous supernatural shocker SPELLBINDER, starring Tim Daly and Kelly Preston, and directed by Janet Greek.
This unique score in Mr. Poledouris’ cannon, (his only true supernatural horror genre score), showcases the composer’s skill in crafting chilling, yet lush electronic soundscapes. His experimental music adeptly keys in on mood and technique over melody, giving this cult film layers of suspense and eroticism it wouldn’t otherwise have.
Produced by Ford A. Thaxton and mastered by James Nelson, this special limited edition release features exclusive, in-depth liner notes by film music writer Randall D. Larson, which include comments from the film’s score mixer, Tim Boyle and director Janet Greek.
This is a limited edition of 1200 units.
- The Witching Hour (4:31)
- Opening Credits (2:31)
- Healing / Aldys In Closet (1:24)
- Love Montage (1:52)
- Pursuit (3:34)
- Aldys Follows / Phone Search (2:14)
- Bookstore / Phone Call (3:12)
- Coven Flashback (1:58)
- Preparing To Leave (1:23)
- The Witches Attack (4:02)
- House Search / Fight In House (6:21)
- The Ritual / The Heart (6:50)
- Spellbinder End Credit (original) (4:32)
- Club Source (1:20)
- The Ritual (original) (9:53)
Total Time: 56:13